As we wind down 2013 we look forward to the coming year. The next year may be full of changes for you and your family.
One change you may be considering is buying a home but it is hard to know if you are ready to be a homeowner. It can be a big step. Buyers that educate themselves on the process and set realistic expectations have the best experiences.
To gauge whether or not you are ready to own your first home you should ask yourself some serious questions.
- Are you in a lease or is your living situation easily changed?
- Do you need to remain in your current community or would you be willing to move?
- Do you have the time and resources necessary to make your first home purchase a success?
If you have answered these questions favorably you may well be on your way to homeownership.
The next step is to evaluate your financial situation. Here are some questions to check your financial readiness.
- Do you have a steady source of income?
- Do you know your credit history?
- Do you have a down payment ?
- Are you ready for the financial responsibilities that coincide with home ownership?
If your answers to these questions are positive then it is time to get the loan process started to see how much you can afford. A reputable lender will give you realistic expectations and many offer a free consultation for buyers seeking pre-approval.
Now it is time to start your search. Working with Coldwell Banker Upton-Massamont REALTORS will bring you through the home buying process comfortably. Our skills include educating you about the buying process, negotiating, having your best interest in mind and helping you find a perfect first home while hopefully saving you time and money.
We live and work throughout the Pioneer Valley with offices located in Amherst, Northampton, Deerfield and Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts. Let our knowledge and experience go to work for you.